Friday, August 29, 2014

Adnan Januzaj Issued Gigg’s Legendary Number 11 Shirt

Adnan Januzaj Issued Gigg’s Legendary Number 11 Shirt.

It’s now official young Manchester United standout Adnan Januzaj has been issued assistant manager Ryan Gigg’s legendary number 11 shirt, that he wore for two decades for the club. “It was a big honour for me and my family and I was very happy to have it given to me,” said the Belgian midfielder after debuting it in a losing effort against Swansea at Old Trafford. “There is pressure on me because there was a legend in front of me who had it for 20 years, but I am really happy with that,” the 19 year old explained. It was an unfortunate 2-1 loss for Manchester United who everybody expected to comfortably defeat Swansea in the early seasons clash. “It was a very disappointing match but it’s only the first one of the season so it’s nothing,” said Adnan. “We’ll move on to the next one now.” “I pretty much guarantee that everyone in here didn’t give us a hope in hell before the game,” Swansea manager Gary Monk said in a post-game press conference. He did however admit that even though his team won, that doesn’t mean his job isn’t still on shaky ground. “Time comes up frequently in this conversation. I know how hard it is to stay in this business, I know that as well as I get on with the board, they will not hesitate to do what is best for the club if we don’t perform.”