Friday, August 29, 2014

Toni Kroos Discusses Differences Between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid

Toni Kroos Discusses Differences Between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.
Sport Bild recently spoke with new Real Madrid signing Toni Kroos and the 24 year old midfielder says Bayern Munich were a lot stricter than the Spanis club. “When training started at 10:30 at Bayern, everybody would be ready to go at 10:30,” he joked. “Things are a bit different here. I got used to it pretty quickly, though. Everything is a bit more relaxed and loose. I briefly considered using a translator at Madrid, but I didn’t like the idea of having someone around me all the time. I can get by using English. And Sami Khedira helped me out with some minor things in the beginning. He was really helpful for me.” While the German World Cup winner admitted that the mentality is completely different, he doesn’t feel nervous or have worries about not fitting in. “I never get nervous. It’s simply not in my character. I am convinced of my own qualities, because I know that I can get the best out of myself when it matters most,” he explained. “I also know that it’s just a football game when things aren’t working out at some point. That makes me feel calm and relaxed. But I obviously remain focused as well, because I do care about how we play.” Kroos who signed this Summer has agreed to 6 years with the Spanish giant at a fee of around €25 to €30 million.