Thursday, October 23, 2014

Arsenal target wants to finish his career at AC Milan


Arsenal target Ignazio Abate has announced that he wants to finish his career with AC Milan.
The Italy international has been linked with a move to north London, especially as Arsene Wenger looks to solve his defensive crisis.
The Gunners currently only have six senior defenders in the squad, a problem which is worsened by the fact that first-choice right back Mathieu Debuchy is a long-term absentee due to an ankle injury.
Wenger has confirmed he will now try to sign a defender in the January window, but that signing will not be full-back Abate after he revealed he wants to stay with Milan.
"My priority is Milan. I want to stay here and finish my career," Abate told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"I couldn't see myself in another shirt, at least not in Italy. At most I'd go abroad.
"I'll stay here as long as I can. This is my home, although I know in football you can always be moved on.
"But the time to say goodbye hasn't come. I still get excited when I walk into Milanello."