Thursday, October 23, 2014

Gilardino: “Three exceptional years at Milan, Torres has quality”

ALBERTO GILARDINO believes Milan-Fiorentina will be a good match and claims that current coach Inzaghi was always very charged up.
The Rossoneri face the Viola at Stadio San Siro on Sunday evening and Guangzhou Evergrande striker Alberto Gilardino, who played for both sides, shared his views on several topics in an interview with the Milan Channel today.
“The 3 years at Milan were exceptional and they will always be a part of me. I’m happy with how Milan are doing, with how coach Inzaghi is working and all the players,” Gila said on Thursday. “I remember my experiences with Milan and Fiorentina with pride and happiness.
“At Milan I played with some exceptional champions, won lots and scored lots. I lived very well in Florence and who knows whether I’ll move there when I finish playing. Inzaghi? I can say that Inzaghi as a player was always very charged up. He passes on his tension and his anger to the players, just like he used to do as a player. They are things that you have naturally inside and transmit to the team.
“I’ve seen the odd Milan match and at Verona they showed the capacity to be suffer and to score. Milan-Fiorentina? Milan come off a victory against Verona while the Viola come off a defeat against Lazio so it will be a good match.

“Torres? Like me, he has the fortune of being in a club that knows how to wait for the players, even when things aren’t going well. I’m sure that they’ll keep doing so (waiting) for Torres, who is a quality player who I’ve always liked. Milan in China? In China, Milan are really loved, but to tell the truth, they are everywhere.
“The floods in Genoa? I played at Genoa and my thoughts were immediately with the city. I’m sorry for what has happened. They’re a strong people and they will know how to pick themselves up. I’m close to all of those from Genoa.
“I’d like to take this opportunity to greet some Rossoneri that I know well and with whom I played so best wishes to Bonera, Pazzini, Montolivo and the others. I’m happy that they’re playing for Milan and it’s nice to see so many talented Italians.”