Thursday, October 23, 2014

Italy Ace Rules Out Arsenal Move By Saying He Wants To End Career At AC Milan


Italy and AC Milan right back Ignazio Abate has ended Arsenal’s interest in him by stating that he wants to end his career at the San Siro club.


The 21-time capped Italian has been linked with a move to the Londoners since the summer with rumours suggesting that the Gunners were planning a January move for the defender. However, according to talkSPORT the player is not looking to leave the Italian giants and wishes to end his career at the club of which he came up through the ranks at.

Abate broke on the scene at the Milan club in 2003 but instantly found himself on various loan deals including Napoli, Piacenza, Modena, Empoli and Torino, however, since 2009 has been a regular first team member of the squad featuring over 140 times.

The Gunners only had six defenders in the squad at the start of the current campaign, a problem which was quickly worsened by the long-term  injury to summer signing Mathieu Debuchy which will see the player sidelined until the new year with an ankle injury.

"My priority is Milan. I want to stay here and finish my career," Abate told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I couldn't see myself in another shirt, at least not in Italy. At most I'd go abroad.

"I'll stay here as long as I can. This is my home, although I know in football you can always be moved on.

"But the time to say goodbye hasn't come. I still get excited when I walk into Milanello