Thursday, October 30, 2014

AC Milan Loanee Henty Ezekiel Rues Gorica Loss



Henty Ezekiel has rued Gorica's 4-1 loss to Koper in the Slovenian Cup on Wednesday night, saying the dismissal of two of his teammates contributed to the heavy defeat.
 
Solomon Enow received the referee's marching orders ten minutes from time, before Nigerian midfielder Marshal Johnson was issued a straight red card in second half stoppage time.
 
''We had two red cards and I was injured in the second half. I couldn't be substituted because we had made three changes already,'' Henty Ezekiel told SL10.ng.
 
''I couldn't move anymore. It was so unfortunate but it's football, it's win or lose although we were very sad after the result.''
 
Despite the game ending with huge sadness in his heart, the 21-year-old scored what turned out to be a consolation goal for Gorica in the 45th minute from the penalty spot.
 
''Yes, I have been told to take penalty kicks for my team, and that was my first penalty. After some few games I played with the team I was appointed.
 
'' It used to be the other striker that was already with the team for some years,'' the Gorica number 30 concluded.
 
Henty Ezekiel is on a season-long loan at ND Gorica from Italian side AC Milan.