Saturday, October 25, 2014

Inzaghi: “Fiorentina decisive, Milan can’t take steps backwards”

FILIPPO INZAGHI has again declared that it’s difficult choosing the starting XI as he needs to keep every player in the squad happy.


Milan come off two good wins against Chievo and Hellas Verona but tomorrow they take on a stronger opponent in Fiorentina and Inzaghi, who is happy to be +5 from the Viola, knows that the game against the boys of Vincenzo Montella will be important in the fight for a place in Europe.
“It will be a tricky match tomorrow and we will have to do well as it’s a decisive moment in the championship,” Inzaghi told the Milan Channel today. “Fiorentina’s Europa League match on Thursday against PAOK? They played a good match and played good football on Thursday.
“They rested a lot of first team players. They’re a good side, with an excellent coach and play nice football. It’s a tough match and I hope the San Siro will give us a big hand. They were great at Verona and I hope that tomorrow it will be lively as the team needs the fans.
“The praise received from Fiorentina coach Vincenzo Montella and other figures in football? It’s very pleasing, but I have to continue doing well. The most important opinions for me are those of the club, my players and the fans.
I want to be respected for what the staff and I do out on the pitch. The XI? There’s still one session to go. The players always put me in difficulty and I’ve still got doubts. They all train well and they deserve to play. I think it’s good to arrive at this point of the week and still have doubts. I will evaluate everything but my main thought will be for the good of the team.
“Torres? We always judge strikers by their goals and I don’t know if that’s right. On Sunday he was decisive for many other factors and moved well, preventing Verona from launching counter attacks with Marquez. He did what I asked of him very well, I’m happy with Torres. He comes off the back of an experience where he didn’t play much. He needs continuity.
“Silvio Berlusconi (who visited Milan for the 9th time)? When you hear our President speak he always leaves you impressed. Everything he has to say is always very interesting and he showed his immense qualities, managerial and oratorical. The fact that he wanted me with him (in a business meeting in Milanello) was a big source of pride for me. He also wanted to speak to the players and we spoke about football. I hope we can give him another great match tomorrow.
“My first ever goal for Milan which came against Fiorentina? I remember that goal as it was my first for Milan and it was my first competitive match at the San Siro. It’s a great memory but I have to now think about the present. We’ve now got 3 matches in the space of 7 days. There will be need for changes. I don’t know if tomorrow or Wednesday. Tomorrow I will have to make a choice on who to play, but the way the players are going about their work is always the right one.”.